Mountain boots for men
- Outdoor shoes
- -27%MeindlGUFFERT GTX Brown Men's Trekking Boots
RRP EUR 339.90EUR 248.941 pair | EUR 248.94 / pair
- HanwagTatra II Earth Men's Trekking Boots
RRP EUR 260.00EUR 189.801 pair
- HanwagGRÜNTEN Black Men's Trekking Boots
RRP EUR 380.00EUR 277.401 pair
- MeindlJORASSE GTX Orange Mens Alpine Boots
RRP EUR 359.90EUR 262.731 pair
- MeindlLITEPEAK PRO GTX Yellow Black Men's Trekking Boots
RRP EUR 299.90EUR 218.931 pair
- -26%LowaTIBET GTX Navy Graphite Mens Alpine Boots
RRP EUR 300.00EUR 222.001 pair
- HanwagMAKRA COMBI GTX Asphalt Orange Men's Trekking Boots Grey
RRP EUR 270.00EUR 190.011 pair
- HanwagFERRATA LIGHT LOW GTX Asphalt Black Mens Trekking Boots
RRP EUR 240.00EUR 168.981 pair
- HanwagFERRATA LOW GTX Black Red Men's Trekking Shoes Black 100200-012055
RRP EUR 250.00EUR 175.661 pair
- LowaCADIN ALPIN GTX MID Anthracite Mens Hiking Boots
RRP EUR 260.00EUR 183.961 pair
- HanwagFERRATA II GTX Black Red Men's Trekking Boots
RRP EUR 400.00EUR 304.911 pair
- LowaCADIN ALPIN GTX MID Flame Men's Hiking Boots
RRP EUR 260.00EUR 188.941 pair
- LowaAlpine Pro GTX Black Mens Alpine Shoes
RRP EUR 400.00EUR 292.001 pair
- LowaALPINE PRO GTX LE Black Lime Men's Alpine Boots
RRP EUR 400.00EUR 292.001 pair
- -26%LowaTICAM II GTX Navy Mens Alpine Boots
RRP EUR 280.00EUR 207.201 pair
Men's mountain boots: Robust footwear for alpine tours
Mountain hiking is a real outdoor adventure. The closer you get to the summit, the clearer the air, the more pristine the nature and the more spectacular the views over wide landscapes, rocky gorges and endless forests. However, in order to make the nature experience a pleasure, you have to be well equipped. Especially important when hiking in the high mountains is the right footwear to reach your destination safely and without blisters and injuries.Our mountain boot guide is designed to help you find the perfect boot that, with good care, can be a reliable companion for many years.
Men's mountain boots: What distinguishes high-quality alpine boots?
A good mountain boot for men radiates stability and robustness.It has a stiff sole that is slip and abrasion resistant.Compared to the trekking shoe with soft soles for fast, agile movement, a firm rubber sole with a deep tread is essential for mountain hiking for the necessary tread resistance in rocky terrain.This is mostly made of Vibram, a high-quality brand product from Italy that was originally designed exclusively for mountain boots.At the same time, mountain boots for men enable comfortable walking thanks to good rolling characteristics.To ensure that the foot has sufficient support, most men's hiking boots have a high, firm shaft that reaches above the ankle.The higher the shaft, the better the joints are protected from sprains.Good alpine boots for men can also be recognised by the fact that they are waterproof thanks to a GORE-TEX® membrane and the material used is very well made with few seams.
Which men's hiking boot for which terrain?
The decisive factor for choosing the right mountain boot is the area of use.Basically, mountain hiking requires at least one robust outdoor shoe of category B/C with a deep sole profile in order to walk safely and stably on demanding tours in the mountains.Those planning an alpine hike should opt for sturdy class C mountain boots.They are made of very sturdy material and have a hard, flex-resistant sole.Some models are even suitable for crampons.Expeditions lasting several days are no problem with these heavy mountain boots, even if you are travelling with luggage.The high shaft with additional insulation ensures that feet stay warm.For long mountain hikes in winter, at high altitude and for glacier tours, crampon-compatible category D alpine boots are a must.They have an absolutely stiff sole for high tread resistance.To protect against the cold, the hiking shoes lined or equipped with a removable inner shoe.
The right size of mountain boots for men
You should take your time when trying on boots to find the perfect model for your purposes.An ill-fitting shoe can not only cause painful blisters and pressure points, but can also have a negative effect on the entire musculoskeletal system.Only with a suitable shoe are you optimally equipped for the challenges of a mountain tour!
- The usual shoe size in street shoes only serves as a first orientation.Depending on the manufacturer and model, you may need one or even two sizes more for a mountain boot.
- It is important that the foot sits firmly and stably in the shoe and cannot slip.
- Try the shoe on in the afternoon or evening if possible.During the day, the feet swell, which is also noticeable during long hikes and mountain tours.
- Always test the men's mountain boots with the hiking socks you wear on your tours.
- Ensure a good heel fit: the heel must neither slip nor be constricted in the shoe.If the skin rubs against the inner lining, this can quickly lead to blisters.
- The toes need sufficient space and must not bump when running downhill.As a guideline, there should be a finger-width (approx.1 centimetre) clearance.
- If the mountain boot fits well, it should be worn laced up for at least ten minutes for testing, so that the boot shaft and padding can adapt to the foot.Take a few steps back and forth and check on an inclined plane how the new shoe behaves when running uphill and downhill.
- For wide feet, men's hiking boots with wide lasts are recommended, which may also be suitable for orthopaedic insoles.
Men's hiking boots: Material and workmanship
Most mountain boots are made of suede or nubuck leather, as these natural materials are very hard-wearing, water-repellent and breathable at the same time.Men's hiking boots made of leather are very robust and, if well cared for, will last for a long time. However, they are heavier than boots made of synthetic or textile materials.Regardless of the material, the workmanship plays an important role.The seams are often the weak point of the shoe; this is where moisture is most likely to penetrate.That is why brand manufacturers produce so-called double-stitched alpine boots in an elaborate process with double stitching.This reliably bonds the upper leather to the sole.Leather and GORE-TEX® work well as linings.A waterproof GORE-TEX® membrane weighs little and ensures a good foot climate.It absorbs sweat quickly and passes it on, resulting in little odour build-up.Mountain boots with GTX lining are also quick to dry.You can tell whether a men's hiking boot is equipped with a GORE-TEX® membrane by the model designation, which includes the abbreviation GTX in addition to the name.
Alpine boots for men: also suitable for winter
High-quality mountain boots are suitable for year-round use.Thanks to the stiff sole, boots for high altitude tours offer a stable and secure grip in the snow and on icy trails.To keep feet warm and dry even in freezing cold, it is advisable to wear merino wool socks in winter.These are characterised by their warming properties and do not itch.Experienced hikers always have a second pair of socks in their luggage on the mountain.Insulating insoles can provide additional warmth.Just like the mountain boots themselves, the soles should also be broken in beforehand so that the foot can get used to the changed wearing sensation.
Breaking in mountain boots and alpine boots for men properly
mountain shoes are made of robust materials and have a hard sole - the foot has to gradually get used to the unaccustomed wearing characteristics.The outdoor shoes for the mountain should therefore be bought some time before the first hike and broken in well to avoid blisters or pressure marks.Please note the following criteria:
- Always break in mountain boots with the hiking socks you will wear on the alpine tour.
- When breaking in the shoe for the first time, only lace it up loosely.
- First, break in mountain boots indoors for a few days.
- Before your first walk outdoors, waterproof men's alpine boots.
- When running across a wet meadow or through a small stream, the men's mountain boots can be watered.This way, they adapt to the foot more quickly.
- Extend walks, including short distances uphill and downhill.
The right care for men's hiking boots
Alpine boots are subject to heavy wear and tear on extensive hikes in sometimes impassable terrain.With consistent care after every tour, they offer reliable protection against wet, cold or heat and last for many years.
- Thoroughly clean mountain boots after every hiking tour: knock off coarse dirt and completely remove the remaining dirt with warm water and a brush or sponge.
- Wet alpine boots dry faster if you stuff them inside with newspaper.Do not place under the heating - too much heat can attack the upper material and make it porous.
- If the water no longer beads up on the outside, the hiking boot should be re-impregnated.
- Then treat outdoor boots made of leather with shoe wax.
- Store the clean mountain boots in a shoe bag or cardboard box in a dry, cool and airy place until the next hike.
Mountain boots and mountain shoes for men in a large selection
The online shop from wanderschuhe.net carries men's mountaineering boots and mountain boots from the manufacturers LOWA, Meindl and Hanwag in hiking boot categories C and D.All models are made of robust leather and waterproof textile materials and feature first-class workmanship.If you need information about the size, fit and product characteristics of the alpine boots, our free hotline will be happy to help you.If, despite good advice, the selected men's hiking boot does not fit perfectly, you can return it to us within 30 days.Just get in touch with us if you need support!
This speaks for an order in our online shop
- Large selection of mountain boots for men and mountain boots for women
- Hiking boots and mountain boots for men up to size 47
- Extensive range of hiking socks, shoe care and foot care
- Regular discount campaigns
- Secure shopping and payment (Trusted Shop)
- Purchase on account possible
- Fast delivery within 1 to 3 working days
- 30-day return policy
- Free advice hotline